Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2

I can't believe it's December! When did that happen? So here's the quick and dirty rundown.

Jeff has the flu. Not the swine flu (thank God!). Just the regular miserable flu. Both Jeff and I are going to the pediatrician today to get the H1N1 vaccine. I think it's funny that two adults without kids (we're leaving the girls with my mom) are going to be sitting in the waiting room at the peds office, waiting to be called back...

Lucy and Jane had their first visit to Loose Park Sunday. It was a beautiful day and they not only enjoyed a walk (by the way, that loop is MUCH longer when you're pushing twins), but they also had a lovely photo shoot courtesy of Jan and my mom. Get excited for the Christmas cards!




I never thought I would be so excited about poop. We cheer around here when the girls go number 2. From the looks of relief on their faces, I think they're cheering on the inside. And here's the funny poo story of the day. Most of you know we have a fairly friendly rivalry in this house. Jayhawks vs Tigers. And the border war was Saturday. I thought it would be a good time for Lucy to get to try on her KU onesie (thanks again Lacy!) and Jeff was surprisingly cooperative. Well, this was one of those times when Lucy hadn't pooped in a day or so and seemed pretty uncomfortable. So shortly after the game (which KU unfortunately lost), Lucy started grunting and Jeff excitedly changed her diaper and let out a cheer which quickly turned to a less cheerful sound when Lucy kept going. And going. And going. Like the Energizer Bunny but less fuzzy. And no drum. She dirtied at least two additional diapers, a handful of wipes, and got poo all over her KU onesie. I fear this one is going to be a Mizzou girl...

Okay, almost time for Jeff and I to head to the pediatrician's office.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shellarino! Do you still have the snow gear pic of us on the fridge?? :) Funny H1N1 vaccine story- we took the girls- everyone here has to go to the health dept. HUGE room filled with nurses, stations, people- we got the entire room to applaud for us when we were done- SO embarrassing! We try to pretend we're not a spectacle, but that event (and the crying, screaming, craziness) reminded me that we indeed are! Your C-mas pictures are beautiful- love them!! Blessings to your family this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete