Sunday, January 17, 2010
Lucy and Jane got to go to their first birthday party today! Our friends Mike and Jen have a little boy, Finn, who turned one, and we got to join in for the festivities. It's hard to believe that in less than a year, our girls will be that big and maybe even running around. Anyway, they got to wear their party dresses, and if I do say so myself, they are beautiful in them. Thanks for the dresses Grace!
I can hardly believe they're already almost 12 weeks old. In some ways, it seems like we've had them forever, and in other ways, well, time has flown by. I was packing up clothes that don't fit them anymore and almost shed a few tears as I put those tiny little newborn onesies away. Okay, maybe there's no "almost" about it. My babies are going to be three months old in no time!
There's nothing cuter than a nearly naked baby, right?
Things I love about Lucy (in no particular order):
1. This girl has some wild hair.
2. She smiles with her whole face. Sometimes with her entire body.
3. When she's sobbing inconsolably, I can cradle her up against my body, rock her a few times, and she calms down quickly.
4. She snorts. I know. That's kind of sad because she's having trouble breathing, but seriously, it's so cute.
5. She has the most expressive eyebrows I've ever seen on a baby.
Things I love about Jane (again, in no particular order):
1. She has some serious chipmunk cheeks.
2. Her sneezes. Achoo, achoo, huh-ahhhhhhhhhh.
3. When you put her up on your shoulder, she snuggles, almost melts, right into you.
4. She's so observant. Sometimes when she and Lucy are in their crib together and Lucy starts crying, Jane just watches her.
5. She loves to coo and carries on quite the baby conversation.